Contact International Institute of Technology (IIT)
Want to know more about this course? Simply fill out this short form and we'll get back to you.
Self Managed Superannuation Funds RG146 Advisor Course
Principles of Self Managed Superannuation Funds:
This course allows students to become an Accredited RG146 SMSF advisor. This is an ASIC accredited qualification and nationally recognised course.
*Two pre requisite modules are required before commencing the PSMSF (Principles of Self Managed Superannuation funds) module.
*Please note, the pricing listed is for the Distance learning option of the PSMSF unit only, not the pre requisite units. Please contact us for pricing on all three units for the Distance learning or face to face training option.
*If you have completed the Diploma of Financial Services (financial planning) course you will have completed the two pre requisite units. If not, you are required to complete the pre requisite unit of FPP (financial planning in practice) which is the first unit contained in the Diploma of financial services (financial planning) and covers the Generic Knowledge and Personal FInancial planning advice and skills units. The second pre requisite unit is called PRS (Principles of retirement and superannuation) and covers the RG146 Superannuation advice unit. If you have already completed these or the equivalent with another provider, the PSMSF module can be completed by distance education or a two day face to face program with pre study.
*IIT (International Institute of Technology) accepts payments via way of Visa/Mastercard, EFT and cheque.
Chapter 1 - What is a SMSF and when might it be applicable for a client?
1. What is a superannuation fund? 2. What is a Small APRA fund? 3. Regulation of SMSF’s 4. Benefits of a SMSF 5. When might a SMSF not be suitable? 6. Consequences of a SMSF losing its complying status
Chapter 2- SMSF Establishment
1. Trust deed 2. Trustee responsibilities 3. The establishment process 4. Election to become a regulated superannuation fund 5. Insurance
Chapter 3 - Investment rules and restrictions
1. Sole purpose test 2. Arm’s Length Investments 3. Acquisition of assets 4. In-house assets 5. Investment strategy requirements 6. Instalment Warrants
Chapter 4 - Fund administration
1. Taxation of SMSF’s 2. Annual return requirements 3. The role of the auditor 4. When must the auditor report a breach? 5. Consequences of a breach 6. In-specie contributions
Chapter 5 - Estate Planning
1. Technical and strategic considerations 2. What if a member dies? 3. What if a member is incapacitated? 4. Insurance options within a SMSF
Chapter 6 - Member accounts and Pensions
1. Members accounts 2. Commencing a SMSF pension 3. Segregated vs. unsegregated assets 4. Winding up a SMSF
Case Study – Retirement and Superannuation
SMSF Case Study – Skills Assessment ROLEPLAY – Skills Assessment
Keywords: Advisor Self Managed RG146, smsf courses, smsf advisor, do it yourself superannuation course, SMSF