Certificate IV in Business Administration (specialising in Finance)
Open Colleges is the new name for Cengage Education, and is Australia's oldest and most respected provider of Online and distance education courses. We deliver over 130 online and distance education courses, including an extensive range of nationally recognised Certificates and Diplomas.
The Open Colleges difference:
- Nationally accredited: This ensures your qualification is recognised by industry around Australia.
- Start today! Open Colleges courses offer you ultimate flexibility. There is no need to attend classes at a campus or wait for an intake or start date. You can start your course whenever it suits you!
- Study from home at your own pace: You can study from home at your own pace. You can a choose to receive your learning materials by mail or online.
- Benefit from 100 years of history: Open Colleges has been delivering distance education to Australians for more than 100 years. Join over 700,000 Australians who have studied with Open Colleges. Unlike many other institutions, we are specialists in distance learning.
- We help you to succeed: Open Colleges provides you with comprehensive support throughout your studies. From access to ‘OpenSpace’ — our online learning portal — to support from experienced tutors, we help you every step of the way.
- Affordable fees: Open Colleges provides you with a range of different payment plan options. You can pay upfront and get a discount on your fees or you can choose to pay by instalment – including weekly, fortnightly and monthly options.
- Articulation opportunities: Once you have completed this course, you may receive credit if you wish to pursue further education.
This great all-round qualification will suit many people setting out in their business career or looking to get ahead, especially those seeking account supervisor or accounts clerk roles within an office environment.
Its combination of business administration training coupled with financial services, payroll and BAS skills will help enhance the prospects of job-seekers, while those already working will also appreciate this convenient and flexible means of formalising their on-the-job experience.
Start anytime, study the online course or choose correspondence delivery, and progress at your own pace, continuing to ‘earn while you learn’. The study materials, interactive learning experience and trainers are first-rate and every graduate will gain the advantage of a qualification that is recognised Australia-wide.
- Accounts supervisor
- Accounts payable/accounts receivable clerk
- School Certificate or equivalent OR
- relevant qualification OR
- relevant vocational experience.
Minimum age of 16 years. If you are under 18 your application must be signed by a parent or guardian.
Students will need access to a computer and the internet. For students who do not have access to either a computer or the internet please contact a course and careers adviser to discuss alternative methods of communication.
Minimum specifications for the computer are:
- Microsoft Office 2003 or equivalent and
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or Mac OS X and
- CD-ROM drive.
Students will also need access to a printer and the following applications:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader and
- Macromedia Flash player.
English language requirementsIf English is your second language and you did not complete the last two years of secondary education in English, you are required to provide evidence of English language competency before enrolling into the course. Examples of appropriate evidence are listed below:
|IELTS||Overall score of 5.5|
|TOEFL||530 (paper), 197 (computer) or 71 (internet)|
|12 months in English-speaking employment||Testimonial, statutory declaration|