Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
Open Colleges is Australia's oldest and most respected provider of Online and distance education courses. We deliver over 150 online and distance education courses, including an extensive range of nationally recognised certificates, diplomas ande advanced diplomas.
The Open Colleges difference:
- Nationally accredited: This ensures your qualification is recognised by industry around Australia.
- Start today! Open Colleges courses offer you ultimate flexibility. There is no need to attend classes at a campus or wait for an intake or start date. You can start your course whenever it suits you!
- Study from home at your own pace: You can study from home at your own pace. You can a choose to receive your learning materials by mail or online.
- Benefit from 100 years of history: Open Colleges has been delivering distance education to Australians for more than 100 years. Join over 700,000 Australians who have studied with Open Colleges. Unlike many other institutions, we are specialists in distance learning.
- We help you to succeed: Open Colleges provides you with comprehensive support throughout your studies. From access to ‘OpenSpace’ — our online learning portal — to support from experienced tutors, we help you every step of the way.
- Affordable fees: Open Colleges provides you with a range of different payment plan options. You can pay upfront and get a discount on your fees or you can choose to pay by instalment – including weekly, fortnightly and monthly options.
- Articulation opportunities: Once you have completed this course, you may receive credit if you wish to pursue further education.
Break into the buoyant beauty industry or enhance your skills with nationally recognised training that comes with a wealth of complimentary extras and no hidden costs.
Jobs in beauty therapy nearly doubled between 2002 and 2011 (source: joboutlook.gov.au), delivering great opportunities for skilled professionals. Take advantage of these opportunities with this custom-designed distance learning course that develops your skills so that you can deliver a full range of services, including skin-care treatments, pedicures, manicures, massages and waxing. A work placement conducted in the setting of your choice or in Open Colleges’ Brisbane assessment centre will help you build confidence, competence and industry contacts. You will also enjoy more than $1800 worth of bonus items, including a beauty kit packed with products from Vani-T and Krush Minerals, and a professional nail kit from Young Nails, to help you further your skills.
Start anytime, choose one of our affordable payment options and study at your own pace online or by correspondence. You will be supported throughout by our experienced trainers and the vibrant online learning community at OpenSpace. When you successfully complete your course, your qualification will be recognised by salons around Australia and you will be eligible for affiliate membership of the Advanced Association of Beauty Therapists. Ambitious students may even wish to pursue higher-level studies by enrolling in Open Colleges’ Diploma of Beauty Therapy SIB50110.
- Salon-based beauty therapist
- Cruise ship or resort-based beauty therapist
- Mobile beauty therapist
- Self-employed beauty therapist
- In-store skin-care and cosmetics demonstrator
- Beauty salon owner-operator
- Beauté Internationale beauty kit, including professional salon products from leading cosmetics companies such as Vani-T and Krush Minerals
- Young Nails standard professional nail kit
- Professional Beauty Therapy: Australia and New Zealand First Edition textbook
- Waxing DVD
Valued at more than $1800!
- 10% student discount on Young Nails products and Beauté Internationale products
Advanced Association of Beauty Therapists
Students who successfully complete their Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy SIB40110 will be entitled to affiliate membership of the Advanced Association of Beauty Therapists. Membership benefits include:
- Business-related support and advice
- Quarterly magazine The Australian Beauty Therapist
- Opportunities to attend professional seminars and workshops.
SIRXCOM001A - Communicate in the workplace
SIRXOHS001A - Apply safe working practices
SIBXCCS201A - Conduct financial transactions
SIRXIND001A - Work effectively in a retail environment
SIBXCCS202A - Provide service to clients
SIRXSLS001A - Sell products and services
SIBBNLS201A - Work in a nail services framework
SIBBNLS204A - Apply acrylic nail enhancement
SIBBNLS202A - Provide manicure and pedicare services
SIBBCCS403A - Recognise body structures and systems in a beauty therapy context
SIBBCCS301A - Apply the principles of skin biology to beauty treatments
SIBBCCS405A - Develop treatment plans
SIBBRES201A - Research and apply beauty industry information
SIBBFAS201A - Demonstrate retail skin care products
SIBBCCS302A - Advise on beauty services
SIBXFAS201A - Design and apply make-up
SIBXFAS202A - Design and apply make-up for photography
SIBBFAS303A - Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
HLTFA301B - Apply first aid
SIBBCCS404A - Work in a skin therapies framework
BSBSUS201A - Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
SIBBBOS401A - Perform body massage
SIBBFAS404A - Provide facial treatments
SIBBFAS302A - Provide lash and brow treatments
SIBBHRS301A - Perform waxing treatments
For more information about this course please complete the enquiry form on the right.
Keywords: Nail Technology Facial Lash Tinting Perming Manicure Pedicure Face Body Waxing Relaxation Massage Beauty Therapy Makeup Tafe Beauty