Certificate IV in Business Administration
Open Colleges is Australia's oldest and most respected provider of Online and distance education courses. We deliver over 150 online and distance education courses, including an extensive range of nationally recognised certificates, diplomas ande advanced diplomas.
The Open Colleges difference:
- Nationally accredited: This ensures your qualification is recognised by industry around Australia.
- Start today! Open Colleges courses offer you ultimate flexibility. There is no need to attend classes at a campus or wait for an intake or start date. You can start your course whenever it suits you!
- Study from home at your own pace: You can study from home at your own pace. You can a choose to receive your learning materials by mail or online.
- Benefit from 100 years of history: Open Colleges has been delivering distance education to Australians for more than 100 years. Join over 700,000 Australians who have studied with Open Colleges. Unlike many other institutions, we are specialists in distance learning.
- We help you to succeed: Open Colleges provides you with comprehensive support throughout your studies. From access to ‘OpenSpace’ — our online learning portal — to support from experienced tutors, we help you every step of the way.
- Affordable fees: Open Colleges provides you with a range of different payment plan options. You can pay upfront and get a discount on your fees or you can choose to pay by instalment – including weekly, fortnightly and monthly options.
- Articulation opportunities: Once you have completed this course, you may receive credit if you wish to pursue further education.
Open College's Certificate IV in Business Administration is a nationally recognised qualification that provides you with valuable preparation for office administration and project assistant roles.
Among other administrative skills, you will learn how to organise business travel, arrange meetings, coordinate business resources and implement environmentally sustainable workplace practices.
You will also develop your ability to solve problems and learn to analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. Successful completion of the course will create a pathway to further business studies should you wish to continue your education.
Potential careers outcomes:
- Executive personal assistant
- Office administrator
- Project assistant
Education entry requirements
There are no formal education entry requirements for this qualification.
Minimum age requirements
You will need to be at least 18 years old.
English language requirements
This course requires learners to read comprehensive learner workbooks and textbooks, undertake a range of written assessments, undertake independent research activities and engage in online forums and discussions. Furthermore, the delivery mode relies on the extensive use of written communication. As such, entry to the course requires the successful completion of English to Year 12 level.
If you have not successfully completed English at Year 12 level, you can demonstrate equivalency in one of the following:
◦successful completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate III level or higher; OR
◦3 years’ relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
Hardware and software requirements:
◦Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
◦broadband internet connection
◦2GB of RAM
◦CD-ROM or DVD drive
◦Adobe Reader XI or equivalent
◦printer and associated software
◦scanner and associated software
◦digital imaging software
◦file compression software.
◦Microsoft Windows 7 or higher (Windows 8 recommended)
◦1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended
◦Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher.
Mac OS users:
◦Mac OSX v10.5 or higher (Mac OSX v10.6 recommended)
◦1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
◦Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher.
To successfully complete this course, you will require basic computing skills. This includes:
◦creating, saving and editing Microsoft Office documents
◦accessing and searching the internet
◦downloading and saving documents from websites
◦uploading documents through websites
◦participating in online discussions
◦compressing image files.
You will need access to a digital camera to save and upload photographic files to OpenSpace. Many mobile phones and smartphones include this technology.
For more information about this course please complete the enquiry form.
Keywords: Business Administration